Correctional Officer Positions
How to Become a Correctional Officer
- You must be at least nineteen years of age in order to apply for a position at the Hampshire Sheriff's Office, as well as successfully possessing a minimum of a high school diploma at the time of application. A Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice or a related field is highly preferable.
- Submit an up-to-date resume to email@example.com. If there is not an upcoming exam, your resume will be kept in an active file and you will be contacted when the next written exam is scheduled.
- Register for an upcoming written examination, if applicable.
- Anyone that successfully passes the written examination will be invited back to participate in the physical fitness examination. The requirements for passing the physical fitness examination at the forty-firth percentile, which is the minimum requirements for entry to the Correctional Officer Academy, can be found below.
- Anyone that successfully passes the physical fitness examination, will then be invited back on site for a first round interview with a professional panel.
- Typically the candidate pool with then be narrowed down after first round interviews prior to second round interviews being scheduled. Reference and background checks/investigations are conducted at this point in time.
- If hired, employees are required to successfully complete all portions of the Correctional Officer Training Academy within twelve months of hire.
To submit a resume or application to be considered for an upcoming correctional officer written examination:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (413) 582-7715 (confidential HR Fax)
- Mail: Hampshire Sheriff's Office, PO Box 7000, 205 Rocky Hill Road, Northampton, MA 01061-7000